Thursday, May 17, 2012

Week 12 | Devotional | Dan

I read 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 for my devotional. This is the section on unity and diversity in the body. It’s always good to revisit lessons that we’ve learned throughout discipleship so it stays fresh in my mind. I’ve been discovering a lot about my personal strengths and getting a clearer picture of what my role in the church should be. I’ve come to embrace my unique identity. My heart for service and cultivating relationships are just a few of the things that I want to continue to explore. At the same time, I feel that I need to open my heart more to people who are different from me. I tend to look for and hang around people who are similar to me, but I’ve been missing out on opportunities to enrich my church life. So the challenge for me is to try to understand and accept people with different gifts and see how God uses them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.