To
understand church, we must first understand God. God is love, and God relates.
This really brought me back to our foundation and reminded me why we do
everything that we do. I also love the analogy of Healing and Training as
assistant coaches to the head coach, which is Love. I think it’s great that we
recognize the need to first be healed, transformed, and equipped before we try to
go out and change the world. It’s okay to grow and get fixed.
Naturally,
I paid close attention to the “Orthopraxis” section. There was a line that
really resonated with me – “We want to experience God via obedience.” That’s what
we’ve been hearing throughout this entire journey. Acquiring knowledge is not
the final outcome that we desire. We want to obey and live it out because that’s
where transformation happens. I’m so thankful that we were given the chance to
practice what we learned. And I’m sure we’ll continue to be given plenty of
space and time to practice loving God and one another at Ekko.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.